OVERCOMING RACISM: Blacks in America
by Corinne Peters
- Rosa Parks’ interaction with the bus driver as she refuses to relinquish her seat to a white man.
- The signing of the Voting Rights Act in 1965
- Civil protest marches with Martin Luther King Jr., Ralph Abernathy, John White and others
- Ten black college students
- Jackie Robinson integrating major league baseball
- Thurgood Marshall addressing the Supreme Court in Brown vs. the Board of Education of Topeka.
- The intertwining of the importance of Church and the American republic as represented by the Cross and Flag
- The triumph over racism, a black female priest celebrating Holy Communion